Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can I be billed for an appt I went to before I turned 18 and it go on my credit if I pay late?

I had a few dr appointments a few months prior to turning 18, and now I am getting all of these bills from that time. I just turned 18 a few weeks ago, so if I pay those bills late will it go on my credit or my parents since I was not 18 at the time of the appointments?



Can I be billed for an appt I went to before I turned 18 and it go on my credit if I pay late?violin



Yes you can. I had dr appts before I turned 18 and they sent me bills after I turned 18. When I told the company that I was a minor they told me that I was still responsible unless my parents contacted them and agreed to have the bill placed back on their account. The account went to collections and I ended up with a mark on my credit report and eventually paying the bill myself.



Can I be billed for an appt I went to before I turned 18 and it go on my credit if I pay late?chinese theater opera theater



Hmmm good question but I dont think it'll affect your credit or anyone elses it may just be a bill that will linger and the better part of you will want to pay it... Well good luck, atleast youre making the effort to pay it
You must be of the age of legal consent to be legally liable for any debts incurred.



A minor is not legally liable for medical debts because he is not of the age of majority (over 18) at the time the medical services were rendered.



A minor is assumed to lack the scienter necessary to enter into legally binding contracts.



As a result, you need to dispute the debt to the credit bureau and PROVIDE A BIRTH CERTIFICATE and an invoice showing the date the services were rendered.



You need to tell them that you were "not of the age of majority at the time the services were rendered and as a result you are not legally liable."



If the credit bureaus do not comply, refer the matter to the Federal Trade Commission.



Please send all letters CERTIFIED as legal proof of mailing.



Finally, it is the doctor's responsibility to ensure that he obtains written evidence that the parents are legally liable for the services he provided to the minor.



To be sure, it is NOT the minor's responsibility to obtain evidence that the parent's will assume the responsibility.



The Dr.'s Office is trying to project THEIR responsibility as a creditor onto the minor and that will not hold up in any court of law.



Good luck.
it will probably go on someones report..best advice to you would be is to pay the bill before it gets late. It's just a good habit to get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++