Saturday, December 5, 2009

Late Payments on Credit Report. How do I get them off. Goodwill letter help??

I have a number of late payments on my report. One for a macy's credit card and another for my bank of america. How do I ge them off! They were late because I was just out of college and did not have a job. I have since paid them down and have been making regular on-time payments but they are literally killing. I have a total of 15 late payments. 10 for Macy's and the other 5 for bank of america.



I was thinking I would send a goodwill letter for the late payments that occur in 2005 and 2006 (July 2005, June 2006, September 2006 %26amp; Oct 2006)



Any advice?? I cannot wait 7 years for them to fall off. I now have a great job and want to buy a condo but my credit score is 545 and is kicking my butt! Thanks for your help. If you recommend writing a goodwill letter, please please please provide a sample one and what I should say.



Also, should I just lie about my situation and say I got into some horrible crash or family issue?



Thanks again!



Late Payments on Credit Report. How do I get them off. Goodwill letter help??opera.com



Don't bother writing a letter. It won't help. And, frankly, it doesn't matter to the prior lender or credit bureau why you were late. If you're late, you're late.



The good news is that a late payment isn't as bad as a default. And your credit score isn't everything. A good job that you've been at for quite a while and a better recent payment history are just as important, though Autumn of 2006 wasn't that long ago.



You may still be able to get a loan for the condo. You may have to shop a bit for a lender. You may have to explain to the lender why the late payments occured, and why they should not occur in future. And because the lender will be taking a somewhat higher risk by financing you, you may well have to put more money down and/or pay a little higher interest rate. Because of your past record, the lending process will hurt a little more and could be much more frustrating, but its not impossible.



Late Payments on Credit Report. How do I get them off. Goodwill letter help??amc theatre opera theaterDon't listen to those who will say that goodwill letters are good for nothing. I had late payments on two credit cards and wrote to the companies. Less than a month later, they were off my report. Report It


Once its on there, its on. Sorry
you've already asked this and the answer won't change. The lates will remain.
15 Late payments is a major issue. The creditors don't really care why you were late. If you had only 1 the answer might be different, but with a total of 15 no amount of "goodwill" letter writting will get them to remove it. The only possibility you have is if you can prove that you were not actually late all of these times. But if they are valid they can not be removed.



Just keep doing what you are doing now in paying them down and ON-TIME. The longer you can do this the better your score will start to look. Late payments have the worst effect the first couple of years, and continue to have less of an effect as time goes on past that.
check this link its good



http://workathomedataentryworkss.blogspo...



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++