Saturday, December 5, 2009

Late/missed period on Nuvaring?

After being on the pill for quite a few years, I switched to Nuvaring about 5 months ago. Overall, it's been great, but my period is a little late and I'm slightly concerned.



While on the pill, I would start a new pack on Sunday night. My period would typically start the Tuesday before. Towards the end I forgot to take the pills quite often, which is why I switched. Never had any pregancy scares, though.



When I started onNuvaring, it took a couple of months to get regular. But once I did, it seemed that my periods would often come later than usual - once as late as Friday or Saturday. But today is Sunday, 1 pm, and I'm due to put a new ring in at 8 pm, and still no period.



Should I be concerned? Can nuvaring make my period this late, or cause me to skip altogether? I never missed a period while on the pill.



I've never been more than 2 hours late putting the ring in on a sunday night, and I don't take it in and out once it's in.



Late/missed period on Nuvaring?pacific theater



Nuvaring is pretty effective but it is producing hormones which could sometimes disturb your cycle. If you feel comfortable - continue using it.



Please visit my website (http://www.menstrual-cycle.info) where you can find many useful articles and advices. Be sure you will benefit from reading them.



If my answer was helpful to you, please select it. Thank you.



Be Healthy and Happy!



It is strongly recommended to consult your doctor for professional advice. Above mentioned information and recommendations are just general and should be adapted to each person according to personal health indicators and status.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++