Thursday, December 10, 2009

I ended my engagement with my fiance after dating him for 3 years. Is it too late to get him back?

I realized right after we cancelled the engagement, that it was more about the wedding and the committment ( I was married before). I was worried all the guests were getting excited about our destination wedding and so I thought I should cancel soon since I was confused. However, a month after we ended it, I realized I wanted to spend my life with this man and it was not about the wedding but about the marriage. He says that he was very hurt and now he is not in the same place as I am. He does not want to date anyone, but he needs time. He has moved out and doesn't want to see me right now. He keeps saying he needs time but doesn't know what the future holds. Should I just wait and keep myself busy? Should I try to get over it now instead of prolonging the pain...what should I do? I finally see what real love is and how lucky I am and now is it too late? Why were we not in sync about our feelings for each other? Is this a sign? Help!!



I ended my engagement with my fiance after dating him for 3 years. Is it too late to get him back?symphony



It might help to write him a letter and tell him how you're feeling and why you cancelled the wedding plans. Tell him that you understand that he's upset, and you realize he has a right to be. Tell him that you're sorry, that you now realize you made a big mistake because of your fears, and you hope he will talk to you about things when he's had time to think. That's all I know you can do. Good luck!



I ended my engagement with my fiance after dating him for 3 years. Is it too late to get him back?performing arts center opera theater



If you have told him what you told us..........then the only thing you can do is wait. If it is meant to be, it will happen.
If you haven't told him what you told us, you should write him a letter - but leave it at that. If you act too needy now it will just push him away. You need to give him some space and let him figure out what he wants - the ball is completely in his court and you shouldn't pressure him at this point for a definitive answer. He might decide to be with you again but it could take months. For now just concentrate on other areas of your life and try not to dwell too much on the past. Join a club, hit the gym, catch up with old friends, try something new... use this time to grow as a person and do the things that make you happy. This way, even if he doesn't want to start over you will be ready to move on. I hope it works out for you.
You gave him the sign. If I were him I would view you as a woman who is fickle (not knowing what she wants and always changing her mind) I know there are many guys like me who don't give second chances. If I get screwed once, she won't have the opportunity to do it again.



However....if you're still convinced tat you made a huge mistake and you think he may take you back, write the letter. Write a long letter. Tell him how you feel. And as a reassurance for him, let him know that a pre-nup is always an option.



I wish you luck...but just remember, you shafted him once. His guards are most likely up pretty high. So good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++