Saturday, December 5, 2009

Week late, negative test, I know when I ovulated.?

My husband and I are trying to concieve. I've been keeping up with my periods for several months now. I've never been more than 2 days late. I am a week late this time, but a neg. pregnancy test. Ok, like 4 negative tests, days apart. Although I have seen similar question relating to this, I posted it anyway because, unlike most askers, I KNOW when I ovulated. I bought an ovulation 20 day test kit. It said I ovulated 3 days before I was supposed to start. Hmmm. Interesting. I can guarantee you I didn't miscalculate when I was supposed to start. I always put a great big red dot on my calendar the first day of every period, and there is no mistaking it.



Is this late ovulation meaning a very late period? (If 14 days before, I would start 2 wks later than usual!) And another question, will an ovulation test tell you that you are ovulating if you are pregnant, or does the hormone it detects go away after implantation? Anyway, I have a Drs appt in 4 days. Hopefully I will get some answers!



Week late, negative test, I know when I ovulated.?chicago theater



Everyone's cycle is different. There is a myth that woman ovulate 14 days after their period begins...but that is only an AVERAGE and each month can be different. The other thing is that sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days.... The only way to know is to know exactly when you ovulate. There are several ways to know and some are more effective than others. Some can only predict before ovulation happens and some can only predict that is has already happened. The absolute best info I can give you is to go read a book called Taking Charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler. It will help you understand your body and all the myths about it. It will help you time when you are ovulating and the best times to conceive 鈥?or not! . It's about knowing your body and knowing when you are fertile or not. My husband and I tried for 1 year and had no luck..鈥?We tried ovulation predictors , laying with pillows under me for 20 min. everything鈥︹€he first month that I began using the book I realized that my timing was WRONG!. We got pregnant that very first month and I am now due Feb 2, 2007. You can pick and choose what you do with your info. Good luck and don't listen the all the myths! Even if you don't get into charting and everything....it will help you in so many ways!



Week late, negative test, I know when I ovulated.?met opera opera theater



Girl, I have the same problem. I used to be really regular and after having surgery to move away scar tissue from my last pregnancy, I became irregular. It took me three months to get a period and the tests kept coming up negative. Maybe it's something in the air. Good Luck!!
These kits [ovulation test kits] detect an hormone which is released in your body about 12 to 24 hours before ovulation is to take place; pregnant women stop ovulating, so this hormone is not present in your body if you are pregnant. To detect the hormone HCG [Human Chorionic Gonadotropin] which is present in the urine when a woman is pregnant you'll need to use a different type of kit {home pregnancy test kit}. However, the most accurate test for pregnancy is done in a clinical laboratory, using a blood sample. It's called an HCG Quantitative Test, and accurate results can be obtained as soon as 72 hours after conception. Best wishes, and good luck. Don't get disappointed if it didn't happen this month; keep on trying and have some fun while you are at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++