Saturday, December 5, 2009

I got married over 7 months ago & due to money issues, i didnt get to take a bridal portrait. Is

My husband has been hounding me like CRAZY to get a portrait done now. I wanted to so bad before we got married, but we just didnt have the extra money. We had professional wedding pictures taken at the wedding, but i never got a real good pic of me in my dress (which was absolutely beautiful in my opinion!). Dont get me wrong, i love getting my picture taken, but i'm too embarrased to have it done this late (i live in a VERY small town). I'm just wondering what everyone elses take is on this.. I know it doesnt sound like a big deal, but it's a never-ending discussion between my husband %26amp; i. Thanks in advance for any opinions!



I got married over 7 months ago %26amp; due to money issues, i didnt get to take a bridal portrait. Is it too late?home theater system



no, if you have the dress, go get it done - unless you have ballooned up and don't fit it anymore...



I got married over 7 months ago %26amp; due to money issues, i didnt get to take a bridal portrait. Is it too late?the grand theater opera theater



Go to another city and have it done. This way no one will ever know who you are and the others won't know what you're doing since you're so worried about what others think.
no... if the dress still fits and you get your hair done the way it was on your weedin then go for it... and i bet you'll look as pretty as you did on your wedding day..
I would do it now if you can i don't think its ever too late . Better late then never at least you'll have one
NO ITS NO TO LATE I DONT GUESS JUST HAVE TO LOOK CLOSE TO THE SAME
it is never to late. if it is something you want go for it. you deserve it.
Small town, big town, it doesn't matter. If you and your husband want a portrait made of you in your wedding dress, then go for it! It's all about you and your husband's happiness, not what everyone else will think or say. Trust me, if they wanted to talk about you, they will find something. If it still bothers you, go to a town outside of yours. If you were as beautiful as you say you were, it's worth capturing it.
Better now than in another 10 years. Sounds like he wants some nice photo's for tha album. Grab him a suit and go and get some more done. You don't even need a professional, sounds like he wasn't very pro the first time.



Get a friend to take a whole heap, some at the beach as well. A good photo idea is a white dress and a suit with a couple of glasses of Champs on the beach. Don't forget your portrait.



Who cares what the rest of the town thinks. Its not their album of memories.
Who cares what the rest of the town thinks go for it. It will make you happy and who knows someone else may want to do the samething and they just don`t have the guts.
My wife and i got married very young and very broke. We knew that our marriage was for life and that aspect of the wedding we missed could come with time. On our 1 year we got all dolled back up and had pictures done, 5 years we had a big reception. In march will be our 10 year and we are finally going on our honeymoon. So NO its not to late, get your dress on and snap some shots!
Yes... it is too late. Cameras have recently gone extinct. Didn't you get the memo?



Sauce
Do it! You won't regret it and it's something you and your family will cherish.



I have formal pictures of my grandmothers, mother and myself. All the snapshots stay in albums but these look nice framed and hung in the master bedroom.



Small town? Geez, I understand that. Or have them taken in a larger, nearby town.



If it's important to your husband, by all means!
If embarassment is an issue drive to a town further away and get it done.
Who cares what others think. If you guys want to get it done, then go get it done. You will be so glad you did 10 or 20 years down the road, or when you are old and gray.
Did you know that all the high society people take their wedding portraits either before or after the big bash! It makes more sense because you are there just for that portrait and not distracted by the guests, reception, caterers,etc... You will be more relaxed than on your actual wedding day. And what better reason to wear your beautiful dress again!! Don't ever allow what OTHERS think to rule your life. You %26amp; your new husband make your own new "rules" now. I really wish you %26amp; he all good things. ENJOY getting your wedding portrait done. Have a BALL!!!!
I think it's sweet (and normal!) that your husband wants a nice portrait of you in your wedding dress! Please try not to be embarassed about it....hold your head high, and find a photographer you're comfortable with.
Hey Hun!!!



I feel your pain i got married 3 months ago and the same thing happened to me i only had money for pictures at the wedding, its sucks i know, my opinion is this...



To me it wont be the same to put on my dress so long after the wedding, its cheasy in my opinion, but if it would make YOU happy do it, you need to learn that it does not matter what others think its you life never give anyone the right to rule over your choices in YOUR life I made a few mistake of that nature for my Wedding I aloud the opinion of my mother and sister rule over me, i wanted them to absolutly love my wedding, but at the end i wish some things would have been different because i know just the fact that i was getting married to my high school sweetheart would have made them happy. MORAL of the Storie do whatever your little heart desires, ITS YOUR LIFE !!! wwwoooooo hooooo!!
I say do it. If you're concerned about what people in town will say, drive to the next town, or have someone professional come to your house to take the pictures. My friend and I went to the SMU campus in Dallas and took some great pictures of another friend with a digitial camera. We certaintly are not professionals, but they came out great. Good luck.
The stigma does not exist anymore about the timing of the formal portrait. In fact it's usually done after the wedding anymore, granted a few weeks. But you are not outside the etiquette time frame as of yet. If you reach 11 months married then it is considered an anniversary picture. By all means get him to rent his tux again, make sure the dress still fits and find the best photographer you can. It's well worth it.
Absolutely make an appointment to get your portrait taken.
Don't worry about it!! You need a picture in your gown...and while you're doing that, you'd might as well get your hubby in a tux and bring him to the shoot as well! If you don't want to buy/rent a tux again then get a black suit (which can be worn over and over) for the pics. Have fun with it!!
It isn't too late. Remember that you need to have your dress cleaned and pressed, and your hair and makeup done again.



I personally didn't get a portrait. Too much of a pain in the butt.
7 months isn't bad, heck some girls have them done 7 months BEFORE the wedding...



I would do it now while you still have time- or in 7 years you might regret not doing it!!
If you have the money for it now and hubby supports you, do it.



Go and get it done and surprise him with it in a nice frame for Christmas.
Why regret forever such an easily remedied situation? Take it, enjoy it, and be proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++