Saturday, December 5, 2009

Help me what to do when your 2 year old refuses to nap and go to sleep in really late hour?

please i have a 2 year ol and im trying to put him for a nap as late as 2 so he sleep till 4 and then he goes to bed by 9pm. but i put him in bed and h wont fall sleep until 5 and its really hard because at 2 you see him tired and sleepy but he dont go sleep until 5 an then he sleeping at 11pm 12 am and sometimes at 1 am he stays on the bed but wont go sleep he start playing in the bed even with his pillow no matter he dont have any toys with him he always found a way to entertaint himself without anything and without getting up bed please need help with this because im exausted he falls a sleep at 1 am and woke up at 7 it really hard for me and i want him to woke up at 7:30 take a nap at 2 to 4 and then go to sleep from 8 to 9 please help what can i do



Help me what to do when your 2 year old refuses to nap and go to sleep in really late hour?greek theater



I had the same problem with my daughter, even if she only slept for 20 minutes that meant I would be up until 2am or later every night and would still get up twice by 7 in the morning, I got so tired I snapped one night and wanted to hurt her, I put her down and cried. I cut out her day time sleeps all togther and just made sure I had everything done earlier and her fed earlier and get the other kids to play with her until about 7pm and then she would fall asleep but don't let him get too overtired otherwise you will be up until that time again. Or try waking him up a couple of hours earlier in the morning and then his nap will be earlier and hopefully he will sleep earlier. Good Luck and I hope you find a solution because I understand how you are feeling and its not nice. My heart goes out to you. My daughter was only 14 months old at the time.



Help me what to do when your 2 year old refuses to nap and go to sleep in really late hour?performing arts show opera theater



It sounds like he needs a better sleep schedule! My daughters ( I have 3) go to bed at 8 every night and sleep until about 6 (cus of school) the baby will sleep longer.



My 15month old takes a nap at 12 every day. Sometimes she will play in her crib, but she is always asleep. Taking a nap that late will seriously make night time issues. If he won't go to sleep get him up when his naptime should be over and put him to bed at 8. DO this everynight and soon he will be on a schedule. Be consistent in your times. you cannot force him to sleep, but the quiet time should do him good either way! Good Luck!
Oh thats rough, i feel for you, i need a good amount of sleep to if i want to be functionable. Try not letting him down for a nap anymore, then he will go to bed at 7 or 8 you can chill for a bit, have some you time, go to bed at 9 or so and then you both will get some sleep. He will be exhausted from not napping. Don't worry if he is in the bed entertaining himself at least he is not screaming and you can get some you time.
my son also takes a nap around 1:30 or 2 and sleeps till 4:30 or 5. Sometimes when he is really fighting it, I'll just put him in the car and go for a ride. I turn the radio off and roll down the windows a lil bit. the sounds and the motion put him right to sleep. He also doesn't get tired until about 9. I usually read to him before he sleeps to calm him down a bit. If he is still fighting it I make him stay in his bed and cry until he falls asleep, or I lay down next to him until he falls asleep. Good luck!
you should try having him take a nap earlier about 12 or so and not so long a nap maybe about 1 hr then trying to put him to bed earlier that might help goodluck
some kids at this age skip nap time, the best thing to do so you could get a rest,is let him go through the affternoon without a nap and put him sleep by 7:00 pm.I try this with my kid and worked.
set a routine time
Sorry to break this to you but not all toddlers have an afternoon nap and it sounds like yours is one of the ones who doesn't.



Let him tire himself out during the day and put him to bed early - you take the opportunity of going to bed early too - sounds like you need it.
I'm not sure what to tell you. My 3 and 4 year olds are the same way. They will fall asleep on the couch, for like an hour or so, but sometimes it will be later too. I'm lucky if they go to sleep before midnight. They are both in school, JK and SK, and I've been trying since mine were your son's age. If you find something that works let me know.
my kids stopped napping by 18 months and spent 12 hours a night in bed. they found it tough at pre-school when they were expected to rest in the middle of the day though!!
my son pretty much gave up naps when he was 2. if he did take one, then he would stay up way late.



sounds like yours is ready to give up the nap time. if he doesn't nap after 10-15 minutes, just keep him busy so he doesn't fall asleep at 5pm. Then you can put him to bed early (8pm) and hopefully he will sleep in the next morning.



you have to realize that kids this age only need about 10-12hrs of sleep/day total. good luck!
I have not actually read up on this so this is not expert advice and some may disagree with what Im about to say.



But my child is 4 months old and has slept all night since we left the hospital.



What I would do is around the same time every night I would actually lay down with him until he would fall asleep (holding him of course). At about 4 weeks old I was able to lay him down at the same time everynight by himself. Back then it was between 9pm and 10pm. Now he's asleep by 7:30/8. Every night!!!! He wakes up at 6am though but that is the time we get ready to head out anyway.



Hope this helps!
Take the hint, he is trying to tell you that he is DONE with taking naps. Stop fighting him and cut out the nap. He will go to bed earlier probably but remain in bed longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++