Saturday, December 5, 2009

Late Implantation?

I know what the average is for implantation, however Im curious to know if anyone has experience with late implantation?



I had an IUI done on Feb 14, on Feb 28 (14dpo) I had to go in to have a beta done. Well the call came back that it was positive however it was very very low (3.2)



Most Ive read says this is a negative number, and Im not pregnant. The doctors office wants me to come in again on Sat (2 days later so 16dpo) to get a repeat beta done.



I also been told it could be late implantation... or late ovulation since even though they say I likely ovulated on Feb 14 it could've been a day or 2 later.



Would this result in such a low beta number? Im not even sure what to think right now, Im confused and really on an emotional rollercoaster. I just want to know either way!



Please share your experiences



Thanks!!



Late Implantation?chinese theater



One of many things could have happened. You could have ovulated and/or implanted later which is not uncommon, or you could have had an embryo start and fail early on when it was implanting. The latter is called a chemical pregnancy, which is simply a very early miscarriage and is also common. Many women have chemical pregnancies while trying to conceive and never even realize it because they go on to have a normal period and a beta was never taken. I hope its just late implantation for you and your beta continues to rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++