Saturday, December 5, 2009

Late car payment problem?

So i know that my car payment is gonna be late this month by 8 days. This would be the 2nd time since i have had my care that my payment is late (last time it was 5 days late). I call to give them the date that i can make the payment. They tell me that they have no grace period. So i told them fine ill pay the late fee. They said by law they couldnt charge me a late fee untill it was 10 days late. So i said fine ill pay it on the 18th and then they went back to telling me they had no grace period. They didnt want to set it up untill i got a little more aggressive with them and asked them to make me understand why they offered a late fee if i couldnt make a late payment? they offered me to change my due date for a 25 dollar fee that i had to pay now (the late fee would have been 18 dollars and I didnt want to change my payment date) Then the lady (who supposedly was the suporvisor) cut me off and said "fine we will set this up this one time but just to let you know we would consider



Late car payment problem?performing art center



Auto finance is what I do for a living and if you are financed with any major lender in the nation, they are bluffing.



There is almost always a 10-day grace period and they can not legally report your payment as late unless they receive it 30-days or more from the due date.



As far as repossessing the vehicle, again unless you are financed through a fly by night loan company they will do nothing but blow hot air until your account is 3-payments past due, then they will start repossession proceedings.



Late car payment problem?theatre tickets opera theater



Read the fine print on your loan. Most lenders can repossess as soon as you are late on your payments. Sell your car and buy a used car with cash. When you want a better car, save up some more cash and repeat the process. Car loans will make you poor because you are paying more money (interest) on a car that is losing value every day that you drive it.
Most car dealers dont really want to repossess your car. Its more trouble than its worth. Many people make payments a little late once in a while due to some unforseen circumstances. It was nice of you to call them and you surely didnt want or need to hear some person go off on you. You are not a bad credit risk by any means. Next time just add the amount of a late fee into your payment and dont bother calling. They usually dont even get upset unless its over 30 days late. There are so many deadbeats out there that dont even try to pay their bills that they should be grateful that you were concerned and considerated enough to call them to explain that you would be a few days late.
they cant repo your car unless your between 90 to 120 days late. I know that for sure. I'm in the same problem too my car note has been behind 30 days for the past 7 months I just cant seem to catch up
Just pay the late fee. If they take the car, they can have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++